Saturday, December 22, 2012

So...the end of the world. Fitness

 It came and went, and it seems as though we are all pretty much still here...right?

So what happened? Were the Mayans wrong?


I offer to you this article in case you still need to prepare.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19038_the-7-most-stupidly-overpowered-hunting-weapons.html
THIS IS A BULLET   ;)


Now, I am not saying we shouldn't be prepared. We should all be prepared. Lets start small. We are not all keen on weapons and such, I have been told.

So, fitness? If you can't fight run, right?

With fitness you can do both.

I have done some research into a few fitness related baubles that will help you keep track of how you are doing. Or the machine thinks you are doing.


1. FIT BIT


Now the results for this according to amazon, are pretty good. The price is right, and if you don't lose it ( which some people did) or drop ( which I am sure I would do) it seems like a good way to measure your day to day activities. Even sleep and stair climbs!


I doubt it is very accurate in regards to sleep or calorie count. It offers an accelerometer  and really you should have some heart rate monitor for how many calories you are counting.....
Apps for apple and android, although wireless syncing only for apple Iphones at this time( lame)
I have played with the app on my droid and  it seems cool.

2. Nike fuel band

Nike+ FuelBand
LOOKS SO COOL!
and this one offers game theory to keep you motivated. As an avid gamer( hence the weight I have gained over the last few years)

This truly appeals to me. The bar decreases when you sit on your tuckus for too long, it then alarms and tells you to do some activities to fill up the bar again........ I likey.
There were numerous accounts of the product breaking after the first few months though. It also serves as a watch. It does not do sleep tracking or alarm like the fit bit, and is 2X the price.
and it comes in white......The app is only for apple at this time, but you can use your desktop of course.


3.Basis
going beyond simply motion based
Now this does both well, and is about the same price as the nike fuel band. Only downside is.....its totally out of stock. This one actually tracks calories and sleep with monitors!!


No comments:

Post a Comment